Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Book Club Vote for June Posted on 06-02-2004
EkWoah

Alright everybody, what are your recommendations for the first book? We can judge the amount of time to read the book by the length of the book you all decide on... I don't want to be the one to pick the book, but I'd like for the first one to be Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe This seems to be a very crude way to choose a book, if anybody has any ideas of a better system, holla at me... maybe a small council of select people who choose a book every once in a while, maybe even rotating? Let me hear YOUR input...this is your book club!
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
replied on 06-03-2004 02:21PM [Reply]
^^ Ah naw...those were the suggested readings that people have made so far. I just put them in a list so that we can have something to choose from and get this show on the road. I was just stating that I'm anticipating the start of the book club and the first reading.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 02:26PM [Reply]
Dernnit, and I was getting all happy!!! But you can still HoLLa at me :wink:
replied on 06-03-2004 02:31PM [Reply]
i'm flattered
tWiNkLeNuReYe replied on 06-03-2004 03:08PM [Reply]
I think themes would be a good idea as well. Plus, where is Echo and the other moderators?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 06-03-2004 04:08PM [Reply]

MissC wrote:
Ok...I'm kinda excited about this...being that I read alot. But I compiled a list of suggestions that have been made thus far: :arrow: Coldest Winter Ever :arrow: The Debt :arrow: Flyy Girl :arrow: Mis-education of the Negro :arrow: Nutricide :arrow: Learning While Black :arrow: Stolen Legacy :arrow: Casting the First Stone :arrow: God's Gift to Women :arrow: From **** to Gods :arrow: Satin Doll :arrow: Cry Me A River :arrow: Move Over Girl :arrow: Light in August :arrow: Fences :arrow: A Raisen in the Sun :arrow: Raising Fences :arrow: The Color Purple :arrow: Song of Solomon :arrow: Caught Up in the Rapture :arrow: And on the 8th Day She Rested :arrow: Lil Mamas Rules :arrow: Addicted :arrow: Dating Games :arrow: Friends and Lovers :arrow: My Fine Lady :arrow: Scenes from a Sistah :arrow: Upper Room :arrow: Butterscotch Blues :arrow: One Day I Saw A Black King :arrow: No Disrespect :arrow: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil :arrow: Tempest Rising :arrow: Revenge is Served Cold :arrow: Studid White Men and other Sorry Excuses for the State of our Country :arrow: N i g g e r :arrow: Soul on Ice
:arrow: Move Over, Girl
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 04:14PM [Reply]
^^^ Yeah I was reading the synopsis that was posted in the other thread and it seems interesting. Move Over, Girl...has my vote.
La replied on 06-03-2004 04:15PM [Reply]
I'ma say my suggestion one more time....sicne I havent read it and it gets good reviews... NO DISRESPECT :arrow: SISTA SOUJAH
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-03-2004 07:32PM [Reply]
MissC wrote:
Ok...I'm kinda excited about this...being that I read alot. But I compiled a list of suggestions that have been made thus far: :arrow: Coldest Winter Ever :arrow: The Debt :arrow: Flyy Girl :arrow: Mis-education of the Negro :arrow: Nutricide :arrow: Learning While Black :arrow: Stolen Legacy :arrow: Casting the First Stone :arrow: God's Gift to Women :arrow: From **** to Gods :arrow: Satin Doll :arrow: Cry Me A River :arrow: Move Over Girl :arrow: Light in August :arrow: Fences :arrow: A Raisen in the Sun :arrow: Raising Fences :arrow: The Color Purple :arrow: Song of Solomon :arrow: Caught Up in the Rapture :arrow: And on the 8th Day She Rested :arrow: Lil Mamas Rules :arrow: Addicted :arrow: Dating Games :arrow: Friends and Lovers :arrow: My Fine Lady :arrow: Scenes from a Sistah :arrow: Upper Room :arrow: Butterscotch Blues :arrow: One Day I Saw A Black King :arrow: No Disrespect :arrow: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil :arrow: Tempest Rising :arrow: Revenge is Served Cold :arrow: Studid White Men and other Sorry Excuses for the State of our Country :arrow: N i g g e r :arrow: Soul on Ice
I loved cry me a river....I think we should read that one.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HU_BadLady replied on 06-03-2004 09:13PM [Reply]
MaMa_J wrote:
I'ma say my suggestion one more time....sicne I havent read it and it gets good reviews... NO DISRESPECT :arrow: SISTA SOUJAH
Cosign!!!!!!!!!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
King_J replied on 06-03-2004 09:19PM [Reply]
I say Echo picks the first one Then he selects someone to pick the next book, then after that they select someone else, and so on
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 7 First  < 1234567  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!