Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BooK Club: Chapter II (The Casting Call) Posted on 06-02-2004
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL

So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
  [Reply]
Page 9 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
replied on 06-23-2004 04:12PM [Reply]
I haven't read it either... But as far as this "Winter" debate, I say we exclude Kyla Pratt from the list. She is waaayy too young, and she's a Disney actress: she could never play the part. MAYBE she could do the lead role in Flyy Girl. Does anyone remember the girl who tried to suck Jody up in BabyBoy? That girl can act (I saw another movie she was in with two other girls, but I forgot what it was called)... she would be PERFECT for Winter. Has anyone ever read Milk In My Coffee?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BmoreBabigyrl replied on 06-23-2004 10:57PM [Reply]
YaY!!! B-More Careful!!!! (aight maybe I'm just xtra pumped cuz I'm from Baltimore..) Newayz.. I think the characters were Netta, Black, Major, MiMi and the twins.. i cant remember their names.. C'mon people.. I like this book.. THINK!! THINK!!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-29-2004 06:42PM [Reply]
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah you just hyped cuz you from B-More But I actually forgot who I had listed as the faces of these characters, and Q got my dayum booK so I can't reread it real quicK to throw some thoughts out there, and as it seems No-one else has picKed it up either :? Should we just come bacK to this one?
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-29-2004 08:04PM [Reply]
I didn't read B-More careful yet. I'm waiting on the book to be sent to my library.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
quannicab from Spring Hill, TN replied on 07-01-2004 04:08AM [Reply]

DATS A HARD QUEASTION BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE BETWEEN THA COLDEST WINTER EVER BY SISTAH SOLDIER AND JUST SAY NO BY OMAR TYREE 8) DAMN THEM BOOKS ARE OFF THA HOOK
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-06-2004 12:32PM [Reply]
quannicab wrote:
DATS A HARD QUEASTION BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE BETWEEN THA COLDEST WINTER EVER BY SISTAH SOLDIER AND JUST SAY NO BY OMAR TYREE 8) DAMN THEM BOOKS ARE OFF THA HOOK
What Question? This was more of a "Fill in tha BlanKs" type of thread. A title is thrown out and you fill in the characters with an Actor or Actress as tho you were casting a movie.
replied on 07-11-2004 08:57PM [Reply]
B-More Careful is a wonderful book in my opion as far as street tales its the only book that can compare to the coldest winter ever and yall need to read let this be the reason by vivkie stringer imagine this has be on hold for like a yr let that be the reason is about a female hustler who come up by using her street smarts it starts kind of slow but is a different read females represents
replied on 07-12-2004 09:33AM [Reply]
^^^Back on topic people.....Some of your discussion is inappropriate for this thread. :arrow:
replied on 08-23-2004 02:35PM [Reply]
Alright I just finished reading "Heat SeeKers" by Zane which was alright, Idunno what they said was so special about it but whatever it was alright. ANNNYWAYS.... getting on with the show. The characters were Tempest, Geren, Janessa, Devonte, Mrs Porter, Kenningston. For Tempest and Janessa I saw Boss Lady and Lovita from the "Steve Harvey Show". They both just fit the description from the time I opened the booK till the end. Geren I was seeing Idunno that dudes name but he's in that movie... with the people doing that thing... Yeah Him! Devonte, That was easy.... LEON! He's always a good cast for those type of roles. Kenningston, I saw as being a girly girl type female caught up in a bad situation. And for that role I saw Jennifer Freeman from "My wife and Kids" she looKs liKe she would fit in nicely. Now as for granny... I saw the woman that played John Witherspoon's ("Pops") mother in Friday After NeXt. The old crazy one... I forgot her name too Oooooh and for the gangsters that helped get them to the hospital when she was havin the baby, off the top I saw Busta Rhymes & Spliff Star!!!
replied on 11-03-2004 10:56PM [Reply]
:arrow: NERVOUS :arrow: Joanquin & Jude... Gabrielle Union or Golden BrooKs. It'd be hot if they could do some "Face off" type ****and have them both play that one character(s). It'd be type cool especially if they maKe the two girls looK the same, but Golden has this evil **** looK about her that just maKes ****move! :arrow: God's Gift to Women The Crazy StalKer Girl, I saw EVE all the way. She would fit that role Lovely. That plus I'd love to see Eve ... well just read the booK! :wink:
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 9 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!