Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BooK Club: Chapter II (The Casting Call) Posted on 06-02-2004
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL

So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
  [Reply]
Page 4 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
replied on 06-03-2004 04:37PM [Reply]
Lil Zane....Omarion and Marques are too soft. Tupac would have been good...(thinkin back to the "A Different World" appearance)... and DMX for the Dude that locked her in the room with hungry **** dogs guarding the door. Sterling...what about the black guy who played the cop in Phone Booth...forgot his name.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 05:53PM [Reply]
YOU MEAN FORREST WHITAKER???? Ewww.... Lawd Child, why??? And don't be fooled by that Omarion boy... he got some gangta in him, watch that episode of PunK'd... He was about to get wild on that old man. Bow Wow got some diva in him :? , but he still has that looK... Wait a minute... I got one for Bullet!!! TQ from Cash Money, My mother loves his Teef :lol: He has that looK plus he ain't soft.
La replied on 06-03-2004 06:00PM [Reply]
Oh yeah.... What was Winter's best friends name in the book?? WHo could you see playin her character??? I say Lil Kim...but Kim too **** now to play anybodys part.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 06:13PM [Reply]
You mean Natalie? Idunno, see them other characters... I really didn't put no major faces to. I just slid in some of the people that I Knew, and put them into the story... those characters in the movie would just be either new coming actors or just random peoples from around the way.
Kismet_TNT replied on 06-03-2004 07:31PM [Reply]
I think that for winters role it should be a new actress...for Midnights role it should be DMX...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 08:30PM [Reply]
I disagree on the new actress thing, I want to see someone who I am familiar with. This way giving me a sense of what is to come, cuz with certain people you can just tell from first sight... This is gonna be good!!! I'd rather that than to have to learn this new person, and then with that as well... that new person might play the part so well that she will always be seen as that person. LiKe Tisha Cambell, it's rare for people to call her by that name, everyone I hang around calls her either "Gina" or "Gina from Martin" :?
Pepsi replied on 06-03-2004 09:20PM [Reply]
heyy i lika this topic... i like yall's ideas...yall kno i want to b a director one day so if its not gonna be done by the time i get there, who knows... :lol: :lol: wat about vivica fox for winter's mother, vin for santiago (i think he could pull it off), and DMX for the dude that locked her up with tha dogs, i see morris as midnight but he seems too old...hmm...maybe tyrese is better...and for winter...thatz a toughie...get back to ya...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 11:02PM [Reply]
Santiaga: (the guy who played Ali's father) Winter: Maia Campbell (would be perfect) Rosario Dawson ***Regan Preston-Gomez (Zaria from the "Parent Hood") Midnight: Malik Yoba ("New York Undercover) Winter's Mom: (mom from "Baby Boy") Bullet: Freddro Star (Q from " Moesha")
dazzlin' replied on 06-03-2004 11:18PM [Reply]
for bullet that dude Q from Moesha would be pretty tight. small time hustla, not really goin' nowhere but still survivin'. but what about BG from the Hot Boy$. I think he'd make a good bullet if he could figure out how to act the part. I can't remember what sterling was suppose to look and act like. I remember he was mad possessive but I don't remember if it was because he was **** or what? hmmmm... what about Jay-z he don't be wantin' nobody around Beyonce.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-03-2004 11:25PM [Reply]
^^^^^ I like the idea of Fredro Starr playin Bullet and Reagan Gomez Preston playin Winter...know who else might not be bad for Winter...Claudette Ortiz from City High...I dont know if she has any previous acting experience, but i think she might fit the look and attitude of Winter....
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 4 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!