Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BooK Club: Chapter II (The Casting Call) Posted on 06-02-2004
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL

So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
replied on 06-03-2004 01:14PM [Reply]
dazzlin' wrote:
:idea: would sister souldja be playing herself?
Definitely...if not then Queen Latifah or maybe Jill Scott could make her movie debut.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 01:50PM [Reply]
I could see Sistah Soulja playing herself in the movie, it would be one of those cameo's you really wouldn't eXpect to see somethin liKe how Lou Farigno was a security gaurd in "the HulK" :lol: . I don't see Vin Diesel anywhere in this movie :? Ice T Maybe, but Vinny nah... just be aware that just cuz you are cuban doesn't mean you are that light. Oh yeah, For the character "Bullet" I was seeing either :arrow: Bow WoW :arrow: Micheal Ealy (High Yellow Negro from Barber Shop) :arrow: Merlin Santana (R.I.P. *Romeo from Steve Harvey Show)
J-Rock_214 from Dallas, TX replied on 06-03-2004 01:55PM [Reply]
for bullet i could see lil bow wow at first and then Billl Bellamy
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 02:00PM [Reply]
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL wrote:
I could see Sistah Soulja playing herself in the movie, it would be one of those cameo's you really wouldn't eXpect to see somethin liKe how Lou Farigno was a security gaurd in "the HulK" :lol: . I don't see Vin Diesel anywhere in this movie :? Ice T Maybe, but Vinny nah... just be aware that just cuz you are cuban doesn't mean you are that light. Oh yeah, For the character "Bullet" I was seeing either :arrow: Bow WoW :arrow: Micheal Ealy (High Yellow Negro from Barber Shop) :arrow: Merlin Santana (R.I.P. *Romeo from Steve Harvey Show)
\ I think Vin could do it...I just think maybe he's been caught up in the Action Move Box...What about ..."The Rock" :lol: to me that would be interesting...well atleast interesting if I could see them audition for the part. Oh yeah...I would definitely be lookin for Micheal Ealy to make an appearance somewhere in the movie. I forgot...but what character was Bullet?
replied on 06-03-2004 02:24PM [Reply]
Bullet was that li'l nugga that stayed trying to get with Winter... (I hope I'm not getting my booKs miXed up) ... but as far as I remember Red was his color of choice, and he had light eyes (I thinK... BrB I gotta pull the dern booK out now) And actually, the RocK just might fit in nicely. But sometimes I don't taKe him seriously as an actor. He needs to step his game up just a notch.
replied on 06-03-2004 02:33PM [Reply]
^^^ yeah..I feel you about the Rock...I just think at any moment he's bout to jump out in some briefs and give the audience "the people's eyebrow"...ah those were the days.
La replied on 06-03-2004 04:10PM [Reply]
MissC wrote:
Yeah it probably would be...Do you think the movie would do the book any justice though? Some movies tend to edit the good stuff. I would like to see how the ending would look on screen....overall.
I was thinking about that factor too...I feel like if they make this book into a film they need to do it a lot of justice....Cause there are alotta big important parts of this book that cant afford to be edited out. * and on a sidenote, I do a gree with you Carlene that CHeaters would also make another good movie * As far as Bullet's character...Bow Wow is a good choice (he's just still a lil too young looking for that role )...but Merlin Santana woulda been a better choice ( if he were still alive ). And for whoever mentioned Tyrese as Midnight...I think that Tyrese fits the look and charaterpart of Midknight well...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 04:16PM [Reply]
LOL...yall know Snoop gotta make a cameo. But Mama J...reading Cheaters was like you could actually see what was going on...that would be a black classic that would fall in the same ranks as "Two Can Play That Game" or something like that.
replied on 06-03-2004 04:23PM [Reply]
:lol: @ the RocK! But as for Bullet, Lemme see... page 62 (Oh and the Red Benz was Winter's *My Bad* She got it as a gift.) I can't find a page that gives a good description of him... If anyone does, HoLLa!!! Oh yeah another Almost Important character :arrow: STERLING He was Winter's "Sugar Daddy" ... :lol: Now THIS GUY I can see :arrow: Ice T Playing!!! But I also thought about :arrow: Money MiKe and :arrow: Andre 3000 Idunno why :lol: . But the character was funny liKe that, so I really couldn't taKe him but so seriously. I'ma scan thru the booK and see if there is any other major or almost major characters that need faces... If anyone else finds any let it be Known
replied on 06-03-2004 04:30PM [Reply]
MissC wrote:
LOL...yall know Snoop gotta make a cameo. But Mama J...reading Cheaters was like you could actually see what was going on...that would be a black classic that would fall in the same ranks as "Two Can Play That Game" or something like that.
HEY You Two... Don't SKip ahead yet!!! We haven't finished filling in the BlanKs for this first title! That, plus I haven't read Cheaters yet ... :lol: ... so yall gonna hafta wait so i can join in!!! But BacK to where we were... BULLET...Yeah, Bow Wow would be alright, if he would stop being so dern childish. He has a looK that could be fitting. But then again, you got Omarion, Maquese Houston (I don't care if I spelled it right or wrong Y'no who I meant), and that Li'l Zane boy that disappeared off the face of the earth.
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!