Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BooK Club: Chapter II (The Casting Call) Posted on 06-02-2004
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL

So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
La replied on 06-02-2004 11:52PM [Reply]
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL wrote:
For the "Rap Star" I was seeing :arrow: Montell Jordan as for MIDNIGHT I saw :arrow: Mos Def :arrow: MeKhi Phiefer :arrow: Busta Rhymes
Mos Def is a good rapper/actor...but only problem with him doing that role in this movie is that by the way Winter describes Midnight...the **** is FOINE !!!! Dark beautiful skin, tall, atletic build, etc...then we look at Mos Def...he is cute, brown skin, and skinny....He just dont fit the LOOK of playing Midnight in my opinion. And Busta is too old....and he just dont fit the look either. Midnite didnt have no dreads... Mekhi Pheiffer...defiitely the best choice out the three.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 12:11AM [Reply]
LoL... I mean there are some women out there that consider MOS to be quite handsome. *Holding bacK on laughing* But I saw him as Midnight due to the way the character was always serious, we wrote poetry and letters and stayed focused no matter what. That character holds alot of intensity and power, a that is also why I could see Busta playing that part as well. Busta gets real Brainy when he gets serious, and when he speaKs... You listen. No questions asKed. MeKHI... that would be pretty easy tho cuz this is the typical role for him. I wanna see him do something different for a change. Oh yeah, and I hope HBO does NOT touch this one... I'm still a bit upset about Disappearing Acts **They shot that in my hood!!! We got to chill with Wesley that day that was cool, but then again that's my boys Cousin so it wasn't the first nor last time.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
CaramelCuttie05 replied on 06-03-2004 12:15AM [Reply]
I think that Ice T would make a good Santiago, just because as I was reading the book I kept imagining him playing the role of that character.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-03-2004 12:18AM [Reply]
CaramelCuttie05 wrote:
I think that Ice T would make a good Santiago, just because as I was reading the book I kept imagining him playing the role of that character.
Hell yeah...Now that you mention it i could DEFINITELY see Ice T playin Santiaga...he just got that persona about it...he wold be a good choice for the film. :arrow:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 12:38AM [Reply]
That's a good one!!! Haaaaaaa Ice T ! True True, but I'd hope he'd put on a li'l more weight for the role tho. Cuz ya boy Ice is Boney!!!! My I see Santiago with a hint of Dominance, Ice T doesn't really say Dominant he says... "B!TC# Betta Have My Money" when I see him :lol: ... but that's just me. But Jerry Wright... He got that looK! Then again, Ice T got that looK too I just thought bacK to when he was on N.Y. UnderCover. and speaKing of which :arrow: MaliK Yoba would fit for MIDNIGHT nicely
J-Rock_214 from Dallas, TX replied on 06-03-2004 10:46AM [Reply]
As for the ZColdest Winter ever I would have : Winter: The girl off of Baby Boy Midnight: Mekhi Phifer Santiaga: Denzel Moma : Halle Berry (She does the crack head roll good)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 10:54AM [Reply]
^^^If I'm correct wasn't Sandiago Cuban lookin or something...I agree with all of em but I would switch Denzel for Vin Diesal...the part was small so he wouldn't mess up the movie too much.
J-Rock_214 from Dallas, TX replied on 06-03-2004 11:20AM [Reply]
If they did make the Coldest Winter Ever a movie it would be on top of the box office charts for a long time
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-03-2004 11:41AM [Reply]
Yeah it probably would be...Do you think the movie would do the book any justice though? Some movies tend to edit the good stuff. I would like to see how the ending would look on screen....overall I think the movie will be like a "Romeo Must Die" with a different slant.
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 06-03-2004 12:38PM [Reply]
I think the movie would be pretty good but you know if they did make it into a movie they would cut some parts out and that would make me mad. As for the cast, I really can't see Ice-T as Santiaga because didn't they say he was half cuban and very good looking? I can't think of anyone to play him right now. I also think Flyy Girl would be a really good movie, but I would hate to see For the Love of Money cuz that book was horrible compared to Flyy Girl.I could see Kyla Pratt as Tracy 8)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!