The Graduate School Information Channel, Sponsored by:
Meet Florida Coastal School of Law 3L Student Anique Samuel
(full story below)
Born in the twin islands of Antigua & Barbuda, Anique immigrated to the U.S. in 2006 to pursue a college degree. After graduating from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, several advisers encouraged her to work in a law firm before attending law school.

“My experience working in the law firm was extremely rewarding because it enhanced my desire to become an attorney,” Anique says.

“When I entered law school, I didn’t know what to expect,” she admits. “I was told it was going to be super hard and competitive, and it certainly was, but with God and a very encouraging support system of family members and close friends, I made it to my third year.”

“Law school has not been an easy road for me. There have been many times when I wanted to quit because of how overwhelming it was, but then I reminded myself of the reason why I wanted to become a lawyer.”

Originally focused on corporate law, Anique became very interested in the field of immigration after participating in FCSL’s Immigrant and Human Rights clinic. Since then, she finds it gratifying to assist clients with the process of becoming a U.S. citizen.

“Law school has helped me to understand myself at a deeper level, and I’ve learned to listen more before giving my opinion on different matters,” she says. “I have also learned that I’m capable of handling more than I thought I could.”

Anique reveals that she has become more vocal on different matters in the last two years, and now has a strong desire to serve as “the voice of those who cannot speak for themselves.” She recently attended the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Conference, and looks forward to learning more from attorneys who are experts in immigration law.”

Ms. Samuel is currently a Student Clinician in the Immigrant and Human Rights Clinic, as well as an AILA Student Member.

Learn More about Florida Coastal at fcsl.edu
Check Out More Graduate School Articles & Content
You are not entitled to your own facts
Saunders: Why HBCUs need to cast buckes among alumni
How To Do Money Before, During & After Grad
Unclutterer’s 2017 Holiday Gift Giving Guide: Tech Gadgets
Quick Content Search
Search Grad School Content:
Enter keywords below to see a list of Graduate School related articles on our site!  
Florida Coastal Law's Practitioner Clinics
Florida Coastal Law's Practitioner Clinic is an innovative course offering students a chance to work closely on pro bono cases with a practicing lawyer. Students are often invited to work on these cases in the practitioner's office off campus, and the Clinics are offered as two credits with an evening classroom component.
Visit Site >
Florida Coastal Law Offers LLM & Certificate in Logistics & Transportation
Florida Coastal Law is the first law school in the U.S. to offer an online LL.M. Degree or Certificate in Logistics & Transportation. Students in the 24-credit LL.M. or 12-credit Certificate program gain expertise in global logistics and transportation law through cutting-edge courses taught by attorneys and industry professionals online.
Visit Site >
Share Graduate School Content!
Got info to share with the community? Post Graduate School content here!
Post Content>
Interested In Grad School? Questions?
Graduate School Interest:
Enter your name and email address to have a representative contact you with graduate school information!
First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!