The Graduate School Information Channel, Sponsored by:
Getting married in grad school?
(full story below)
by GradSchoolBoundBadge

Hello all!
Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I guess it's somewhere to start.
For those of you with significant others, what's your stance on getting married while working on your PhD? I am starting my program in the fall and I have a very wonderful and supportive boyfriend. We've been together long enough that the topic of marriage has come up. The issue is that I want to wait until I'm done with school to get married and he feels like that's too far away.
Without trying to make this too much about my own relationship, I'm wondering if any of you guys got married while in school?? My concerns are that I will be too busy in the lab to plan the wedding I want. I won't be making very much money while I'm in school either. Would I be able to take a honeymoon or would that be too difficult to do while writing?? I also would like to get my PhD with my last name (first in my family, means a lot) but I also wanna take his name when we get married, so that's also why I want to wait. Are these valid concerns or am I making this more difficult than I should be? My boyfriend works in IT and doesn't think getting married while I'm in school would be a big deal.
Any advice? You guys rock :)

More: https://www.reddit.com/r/GradSchool/comments/28sycr/getting_married_in_grad_school/

Photo: www.medicaldaily.com
Check Out More Graduate School Articles & Content
Top U.S. Research Universities, 2017
Avoid Graduate School Hell! Select Your Advisor and Committee Wisely
Interested in Graduate School?
Student to Student: After the Acceptance Letter
Quick Content Search
Search Grad School Content:
Enter keywords below to see a list of Graduate School related articles on our site!  
Florida Coastal Law's Practitioner Clinics
Florida Coastal Law's Practitioner Clinic is an innovative course offering students a chance to work closely on pro bono cases with a practicing lawyer. Students are often invited to work on these cases in the practitioner's office off campus, and the Clinics are offered as two credits with an evening classroom component.
Visit Site >
Florida Coastal Law Offers LLM & Certificate in Logistics & Transportation
Florida Coastal Law is the first law school in the U.S. to offer an online LL.M. Degree or Certificate in Logistics & Transportation. Students in the 24-credit LL.M. or 12-credit Certificate program gain expertise in global logistics and transportation law through cutting-edge courses taught by attorneys and industry professionals online.
Visit Site >
Share Graduate School Content!
Got info to share with the community? Post Graduate School content here!
Post Content>
Interested In Grad School? Questions?
Graduate School Interest:
Enter your name and email address to have a representative contact you with graduate school information!
First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!