class of
Kamal Imani
class of
LaMarr Blackmon
Cal St Univ, Long Beach class of 1992
Elynor Moss
North Carolina Central University class of 2003
Content Submitted by Eddie Francis
Visit member profile... Eddie Francis, Director of Communications & Marketing at Dillard University
Member Since October 2008 Representing Loyola Univ, New Orleans class of 1995 From River Ridge, LA
How a Young HBCU Alumna Landed a Big Company Job
When you don't have the hook-up, landing a job isn't easy. When I think of it, most of my jobs came through someone in my network. Don't get me wrong, I did impress folks in my net ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 4,199 Views • January 12th, 2016
Three Big Reasons You Are Expected to Do Your Homework About Potential Employers
You have to know what you’re getting yourself into when you apply for a job. Let’s say your résumé passes the initial review and you get an invitation for a phone interview. In my ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 12,483 Views • December 27th, 2015
How to Write an Effective Objective Statement
An objective statement should not be a waste of space. As I read through resumes on a daily basis, it seems that writing an effective objective statement is a secondary thought to ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 2,185 Views • November 25th, 2015
Five Ways to Make a Hiring Manager's Day
During a recent podcast interview (http://eddiefrancis.podbean.com/e/how-she-got-the-job-field-trip-to-kresge/) I asked a job recruitment colleague what kind of candidate makes her ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 8,333 Views • November 17th, 2015
Career Moves: Know Your Value
...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 3,668 Views • August 23rd, 2015
Taking Your Campus Organization to the Next Level
Almost every time a campus organization gets new members, proclamations of "running the yard" abound. This is especially true of Greek chapters. Almost every organization wants to ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 951 Views • March 13th, 2014
Many days in the life of...
The Black Greek Success Program, Greek life, and life ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,658 Views • March 13th, 2014
Five Challenges Black Fraternities Must Address in 2014
TO READ THIS PIECE IN ITS ENTIRETY, SEE MORE AT http://hbculifestyle.com/black-fraternities-2014-challenges/. For more than a century, an effective leadership network for black ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 969 Views • January 6th, 2014
Five Ways for Admissions Reps to Stand Out at College Fairs
During my brief stint as an admissions director, I encouraged my staff and student volunteers to be engaging when talking to prospective students at college fairs. The fact of the ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,695 Views • December 9th, 2013
#BBUM Provides the Perfect Opportunity for HBCUs
The Black Student Union at the University of Michigan has given HBCUs a beautiful Christmas gift. I just wonder who is going to use it in the best health. Amid an active social med ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,444 Views • November 27th, 2013
Why school pride matters (regardless of how you feel)
When I speak to HBCU students about the importance of school pride, I urge them to never get caught up in the emotions of the moment. I also challenge them to compete against prou ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,059 Views • April 16th, 2013
Can your fraternity or sorority chapter make Gumbo?
I’ll never forget the words of an old radio colleague, a very cool Cajun man named J.P., who said in a classic South Louisiana dialect, “Eddie, cookin’ takes love.” In the Black ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,906 Views • March 22nd, 2013
Yes We Must Coalition to convene at Paul Quinn College
The Yes We Must Coalition will hold its fourth annual membership meeting on the campus of Paul Quinn College March 22-23, 2013. Yes We Must was formed to increase the number of de ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 2,364 Views • March 15th, 2013
Paul Quinn earns place on National Honor Roll for Community Service
DALLAS – Paul Quinn College was named as a finalist on the 2013 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. This designation is the highest honor a college or unive ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,973 Views • March 11th, 2013
Paul Quinn competes for up to $50,000 in grants in "Retool Your School"
New York, NY - Paul Quinn College has been announced as a finalist in The Home Depot’s 2013 RETOOL YOUR SCHOOL campus improvement grant program. Designed to reinvigorate Historical ...more
Posted by Eddie Francis • 1,954 Views • February 21st, 2013