Job Title: Math Teacher 2020-2021 School Year - (Middle School & High School)
North Chicago Community District 187
North Chicago, IL United States
Math Teacher 2020-2021 School Year - (Middle School & High School)
Individual employed for this position will work directly under the supervision of Building Principal and administrative team. Individuals will be responsible for leading instruction in Math at the school. Teachers work directly with students in providing instructional programs that meet the student's individual aspirations, capabilities, interests, and needs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time teaching position, works a 180 day calendar
SALARY RANGE: Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement
EVALUATION: Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Qualifications & Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
1. License: Current valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with Math Endorsement or Teaching License
1. Required – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Planning and Preparation – Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of content and pedagogy, students, and resources. Design coherent instruction and select appropriate instructional activities, and has the ability to assess students learning.
2. Classroom Environment – Responsible for creating an environment of respect and rapport, establishes a culture for learning, manages classroom procedures, manages student’s behavior, and has the ability to organize physical space.
3. Instruction – Communicates clearly and accurately, uses questioning and discussion techniques, engages students in learning, provides feedback to students, and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness.
4. Professional Responsibility – Reflects on teaching, must maintain accurate records, communicates professionally, contributes to the school and district, grows and develops professionally, and shows professionalism.
5. Knowledge of subject matter consistent with state certification requirements, knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, knowledge of classroom and behavior management techniques.
6. Ability to modify instruction to meet student needs, ability to cooperate with the school faculty and administration in the development and implementation of an articulated program of instruction, ability to work effectively with pupils, parents and guardians, staff members, and community representatives in providing an appropriate educational program; ability to understand the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional patterns of pupils.