Job Title: Special Education Teacher 2020-2021 School Year-( Middle School & High School)
North Chicago Community School District
North Chicago, IL United States
Special Education Teacher 2020-2021 School Year-( Middle School & High School)
This position provides instruction and other educational support such as case management to special needs students and assisting them in their academic and social development. Candidates should have experience with implementation of researched and evidenced based strategies and understand the needs of a diverse student population.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and instruct students using District approved curriculum as appropriate based on student needs
2. Modify and adapt lessons and curriculum, as needed to meet individual student's needs and IEP goals
3. Provide direct instruction using a variety of techniques including individualized instruction, lectures, team teaching, co teaching, hands-on formats and other instructional strategies
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interests, and abilities of students
5. Work collaboratively and regularly with colleagues to ensure individual student's needs are met
6. Actively participate on problem solving and intervention teams to facilitate early involvement and resolution to learning or behavioral needs
7. Provide case management of Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
8. Demonstrate considerable knowledge of current best practices, laws, including due process and Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and interventions regarding the education of special needs students
9. Exhibit considerable knowledge of specific disabilities and familiarity with common children's mental health disorders, as well as specific strategies/interventions to use in the classroom
10. Set and maintain appropriate standards of classroom behavior that are consistent with administration policies and develop rules for classroom behavior, which are enforced in a fair and just manner
11. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
12. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provide progress reports as required, and communicate with parents as deemed necessary
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, 180 days as defined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
SALARY RANGE: As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
EVALUATION: Conducted as per state requirements and/or Collective Bargaining Agreement
Qualifications & Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
1. License: Valid Illinois or out of state Professional Educator License with an LBSI.
1. Required – Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Education from an accredited college or university.