Job Title: Assistant Director of Marketing-Athletics
University of Iowa-Athletics
Iowa City, IA United States
Sports and Recreation
Assistant Director of Marketing-Athletics
The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks applications for a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Assistant Director of Marketing. This is a full-time position that includes full University benefits. The University of Iowa is an NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 24 varsity sports programs and operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy. For more information regarding Iowa Athletics, please click here.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, create and implement marketing and advertising plans that aggressively and proactively enhance the outreach efforts of the Department and maximize the opportunities to generate revenue through the sale of season and single-event tickets for athletics events; assist with marketing efforts for assigned sports; work with media rights holder; work with video and graphic design staff on all branding content; oversee internal logistics for game day productions; help manage email marketing efforts; help manage social media content; serve as one of the department’s liaisons to the UI Athletics Ticket Office and Hawkeye Ticket Solutions; perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant AD for Marketing & Fan Engagement.
Note to Candidate: This position requires frequent travel, work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays. Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process. The successful candidate will be subject to a credential and criminal background check and driving record review.
Qualifications & Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. marketing, business, communications), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least one year of full-time sports marketing experience
• Working knowledge of and the ability to: a) develop and perform specific tasks related to marketing and advertising plans for a sport; b) demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, through exemplary customer service to all constituents; c) create, manage, and schedule effective social media content; d) work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse and highly-regulated team environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
• Proficiency in using basic office support software (such as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite).
• A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Experience with and knowledge of successful strategies for marketing, game day production and ticket sales at the NCAA Division I level.
• Working knowledge of and ability to: a) effectively supervise and manage part-time staff to achieve goals and objectives; b) utilize email platforms to enhance marketing efforts (please specify software used); c) successfully update website content (please specify website providers used)
Application Process: Visit https://jobs.uiowa and search for keyword “marketing”. Candidates must upload both a current resume and a cover letter that clearly address how they meet the listed qualifications of this position. Only applications submitted at https://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted. For questions or additional information, send email to Athletics Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to https://jobs.uiowa.edu/working-at-iowa to learn more.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.