JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SALARY: $6,528+/month depending on experience
The National Conference of State Legislatures is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and legislative staff of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues. Our mission is to serve state legislatures and other intergovernmental groups by providing support, promoting fresh ideas, connecting legislators and staff with experts and each other, and provide a strong, cohesive voice in the federal system. Since its founding in 1975, NCSL's staff has grown from 15 employees to over 150 employees in its offices in Denver, CO and Washington, D.C.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing content and communication strategies to promote NCSL programs and activities. Specifically, the work involves developing marketing campaigns for NCSL services to its members, events, sponsorships, webinars, and any other event-related materials necessary. The work is performed independently and conforms with marketing strategies developed by the organization. This role requires extensive creative and analytic abilities that are focused on producing measurable business results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Promotes NCSL products and services across all platforms by researching, designing and coordinating all marketing materials to produce measurable results.
2. Develops marketing materials for NCSL services and programs and assists with on-site promotional events.
3. Develops promotional and marketing materials for exhibitors at the annual NCSL Legislative Summit.
4. Develops digital marketing strategies/campaigns and executes email marketing campaigns utilizing data and metric tools to produce, track and improve results.
5. Successfully deploys marketing campaigns from creation to execution.
6. Builds strategic relationships and partners with appropriate related organizations and vendors.
7. Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns on a regular basis to gain insight, assess progress against goals and make necessary adjustments.
8. Develop marketing content to produce a range of engaging collateral materials electronically and in print. These may include constituent testimonials, organizational successes and blog posts that drive awareness about NCSL.
9. Organizes and prepares information for the promotion of events, including the development of PowerPoints, flyers, surveys and other event-related materials.
10. Identifies new promotional opportunities and monitors trends in the marketing industry.
11. Handles overflow work, assists on special projects, and fills in for others as needed in the marketing and communications area.
12. Serves as a marketing resource for NCSL staff.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities. The person in this position will serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, copy machines, scanners and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, lift small objects up to 50 lbs., open filing cabinets and bend, stoop, or stand on a stool as necessary. Requires the ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally, including overnight and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications & Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree (degree in marketing preferred) plus eight years of relevant or progressive work experience in a marketing or communications role.
• Experience with Salesforce (or equivalent association management systems) and email marketing platforms (MailChimp, Real Magnet, Constant Contact).
• Familiarity with NCSL's or related non-profit organization's goals and practices.
• Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies in graphic design and web design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing, speaking, research, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Skill and competence in the basic supervision skills of planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating work.
• Skill and competence in budget and project management.
• Knowledge of web design technology, multimedia capabilities and digital marketing strategies.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
• Ability to coordinate/collaborate and execute efforts of a team.
• Strong ability to relate to and successfully service constituents.
• Capacity and willingness to take on multiple and differing responsibilities.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
NCSL offers an outstanding benefits package including low cost health, dental and vision coverage, a 401(a)-retirement plan with 10% contribution after 6 months and full vesting, life & disability insurance, 3-weeks paid vacation with 5+ years of paid full-time work experience, paid leave, 35-hour work weeks, telework, pet insurance, discounted bus / train passes, in-office dry cleaning pick up, access to 24-hour fitness memberships, and more!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume highlighting skills and qualifications to: https://ncsl.applicantpro.com/jobs/ no later than Friday, January 18, 2019.
The National Conference of State Legislatures is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and legislative staff of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues. Our mission is to serve state legislatures by providing support, promoting fresh ideas, connecting legislators and staff with experts and each other, and provide a strong, cohesive voice in the federal system.
Since its founding in 1975, NCSL's staff has grown from 15 employees to over 150 employees in its offices in Denver, CO and Washington, D.C. Our growth has been due to the increasing activity and responsibility of the nation's state legislatures and the complexity and diversity of issues that legislators face. Employees work in a challenging, often fast-paced environment where they assist legislators and legislative staff in their work to promote the common good of the citizens of the states.