he Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at The University of Iowa invites applications for a non-tenure track lecturer position for the academic year 2019-20, beginning August 17, 2019. This position is renewable in one-year increments for the first three years (2019-2022), and renewable thereafter in three-year increments. Opportunities for advancement to Associate Professor of Instruction and Professor of Instruction are available after the first six years, renewable in 5-year increments. Applications are sought from candidates with a demonstrated potential for outstanding undergraduate teaching primarily in social or clinical psychology. Candidates should also be able to teach elementary psychology as well as undergraduate research methods and data analysis courses. Duties of the position include teaching undergraduate courses, mentoring undergraduate students, and developing new curricula.
Evaluation of the following required and preferred qualifications will be made through (1) descriptions of educational and work experiences in the letter of interest, (2) accomplishments and productivity addressed in the curriculum vitae and teaching statement, (3) evidence of effective teaching (e.g., student evaluations, example syllabi or handbooks), and (4) information provided from professional references.
Qualifications & Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in Psychology or a closely related field is expected by the start date of the appointment, August 17, 2019.
• Demonstrated prior experience in teaching undergraduate courses in social or clinical psychology.
• Demonstrated prior experience in mentoring students.
• Interest in developing new curricula such as online courses and certificates.
• Scholarly interests related to the educational mission of the University of Iowa and the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences.
To apply, please visit the electronic submission website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and refer to requisition #73487 Materials should be submitted electronically, including a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, supporting attachments, teaching evaluations, and name and contact information for three professional references. The review of applicants will begin on November 5th and will continue until the position is filled.