Software Development Engineer in Test
Your Primary focus will be to write code that is used to automatically test code with a goal of writing robust, reliable and repeatable tests that find issues early. You should enjoy building lasting designs, implementing robust maintainable code, and being a partner in the design of components while advancing the technologies and approaches for testing software.
You will work within a Scrum environment to enhance the performance and security of the Data Exchange Layer (DXL) that will be used by McAfee and partners to share real-time security context between different security products on millions of systems, tablets and smart phones. Growth in this role means growing as an engineer: Strong designs that are built to last, deep component knowledge and broad scenario experience will be the measure of success. You will be working with the source code for the product as much as you are working with test source.
Make good things happen.
Work closely with engineering team to review product code changes, develop feature test plans and test suites, peer review, and execution of both manual and automated test procedures in accordance to test plan identified
Develop automated tests that utilize scripts and code in a variety of languages to exercise product features and functions, test boundary conditions, performance and stability
Execute automated test cases, complete test plans, and walk through product integration scenarios on all supported platforms and configurations
Work within a core scrum team and keep in constant communication with team members involved, to ensure new features meet all acceptance test criteria identified, before entering into continuous automation testing.
Effectively communicate status and progress of assignments
Qualifications & Requirements You have:
• 4+ years’ experience with white box testing
• Specific experience with the following technologies a plus: Java, C/C++, Windows, Linux, scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Perl) and messaging.
• Must have programming skills and experience, feature testing planning and development, and test automation knowledge
• Experience with the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator product, continuous integration and test automation frameworks a plus
• Problem solving and debugging skills in Windows and Linux is a plus
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent