Job Title: Tutoring Coordinator - Learning Enrichment Center
Azusa, CA United States
Education and Library
Tutoring Coordinator - Learning Enrichment Center
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Working under the supervision of the Director, and in collaboration with the staff and faculty of the Learning Enrichment Center, the Tutoring and SI Coordinator manages a campus-wide, academic support system that includes peer tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, and provides academic support to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students at all APU locations and online.
* Bachelorís Degree with major work in a related field such as science or math (Masterʻs Degree Preferred)
* UMKC Supplemental Instruction Supervisor Training (Preferred)
* Three or more years experience in college-level student support services
* At least one year experience as a Supplemental Instruction Leader (preferred)
* At least one year experience as a tutor (preferred)
* Experience with designing and implementing training programs
* Experience organizing, supporting, and leading diverse groups of people
* Knowledge of adult learning theory, multimodal learning theory, and Universal Design for Learning
* Experience developing and maintaining strong working cross-departmental relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff.
* Strong organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills.
* Experience with assessment, data collection, and reporting
* Experience working with databases
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description