Are you a hard worker looking for the right job? If so, Forensics Services is looking for you to be our next General Maintenance Worker. The General Maintenance Worker provides the full range of building services to assigned areas within the Building Services Department at St. Peter Regional Treatment Center, campus buildings, and rental areas. The General Maintenance Worker works under general supervision and ensures that a clean, sanitary, and attractive environment is maintained for clients, staff and other personnel.
Duties for this position include:
• Clean and maintain floors, windows, ceilings, walls, restrooms, client rooms, halls, offices, etc.
• Operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
•Pick up garbage and recyclable items.
• Monitor cleaning and paper supplies for buildings.
Qualifications & Requirements
•Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
•Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
•Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use effectively and operate safely and to make minor repairs.
• Follow simple oral and written instructions.
• Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
• Keep simple records.
• Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions.
• Experience in cleaning and maintaining a large facility which includes the care of floors and lightening.