Medical Records Transcriptionist
The Health Information Management Services (HIMS) Department works within a team to deliver quality medical record management outcomes. The Medical Records Transcriptionist is a great opportunity for someone to work within the Health Information Management Services team for the MN Department of Human Services (DHS) Direct Care and Treatment (DCT), and Forensic Services facility in St. Peter, MN. As the heartbeat of any healthcare facility, the individuals within this department bridge roles, connecting clinical, operational, and administrative functions to all clientele. These professionals affect the quality of patient information at every touch point within the programs while maintaining the highest standards of data integrity, confidentiality, and information security.
- Transcribe medical record documentation and other documents as assigned
- Provide backup coverage for the Forensic Victim Notification Coordinator
- Manage the integrity of protected health information
- Provide medical records from Avatar to third parties
- Customer Services skills sufficient to respond to internal and external customers in a professional, respectful, therapeutic, and supportive manner
- Data entry skills sufficient to function effectively in the Health Information Management Services department.
- Dictaphone/Tape transcription.
- English language skills to function effectively in the Health Information Management Services department.
- Math skills sufficient to function effectively within the department.
- Specialized terminology: medical terminology, medical records transcription, and electronic health records.
- Word Processing skills to develop and modify a variety of correspondence, records, and reports.
- Experience using transcription equipment and software
- Experience using the Avatar program
- Technical education in Medical Records Management or Health Information Management