Job Title: Health Information Management (HIM) Avatar Specialist
Anoka, MN United States
Accounting/Auditing, Administrative and Support Services, Social Services, Computers, Software, Consulting Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Legal, Other, Executive Management, Quality Control, Medical
Health Information Management (HIM) Avatar Specialist
The Health Information Management (HIM) Avatar Specialist will work within a team to effectively and efficiently maintain provide information system training, focusing on Avatar and the Electronic Health Record (EHR). The primary focus of this position is to provide training, manage training materials, which includes creating and updating that information as needed
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide Avatar training to staff, working with others to assist with the user access to the system and the EHR
• Maintain Avatar training materials, ensuring that the most current information is available for end users
• Assist with information system testing as needed
• Provide end user support and technical assistance during the training process, to facilitate a positive end user experience using the system.
• Assist with development of Health Information Management Services (HIMS) forms and management of those documents.
• Provide technical assistance and support to HIMS as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements • Customer services skill sufficient to provide and develop courteous, prompt, and effective customer service by phone or in person.
• Data entry skills sufficient to create, update, and retrieve training information from a variety of databases.
• Database management skills sufficient to develop and conduct on-site, web-based, and e-learning training sessions as required by the clients we support and internal staff on the EHR
• English language skills sufficient to sufficient to read, write, and understand with proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation used in medical records.
• Specialized terminology including working knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to identify and file medical and treatment documents.
• Typing/keyboarding skills sufficient to complete a variety of reports, letters, forms, and data summaries.