Job Title: Special Education Program Faculty, Teacher Education (F525)
Azusa, CA United States
Special Education Program Faculty, Teacher Education (F525)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Special Education Program Faculty, Teacher Education (F525)
School: School of Education
Department: Special Education, Division of Teacher Education
Location: Various (Azusa, Murrieta, Orange, San Diego, Victorville, and/or San Bernardino)
This fulltime faculty position requires teaching a variety of courses in the Special Education credential programs (Mild/Moderate & Moderate/Severe), as well as supervising candidates during their fieldwork and clinical practice experiences. Teaching can include co-teaching, online, face-to-face, and hybrid formats. Responsibilities also include clinical supervision of teacher education candidates.
The Division of Teacher Education credential curriculum has recently been rewritten to provide a common schema of knowledge taught to both general education and special education credential candidates in shared foundations courses, with some co-taught by general education and special education faculty. The entire curriculum reflects a commitment to four values -- preparing candidates to: 1) meet the needs of all learners in diverse environments; 2) serve English language learners; 3) utilize a robust level of technology within their pedagogy; and 4) learn the profession in the context of Christian values and principles. Programs in APUís School of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE, transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, CAEP), the Western Association of Schools
and Colleges (WASC), and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Specialization: Teach a variety of courses in the Special Education credential programs (Mild/Moderate and/or Moderate/Severe)
* Teaching graduate level educational foundations, methodology, pedagogy, and specialization courses, with expertise in special education
* Clinical supervision of student teachers
* Providing support for faith integration across the curriculum
* On-going research and/or clinical practice agenda
* Active participation in service to the University through committee participation at the program, School and/or University level as well as service to the broader professional community.
* Maintains ongoing connection and collaboration with the California Council for Teacher Education (CCTE) and other relevant professional education organizations.
* May be required to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Open rank, dependent upon prior experience.
* A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (faculty members are required to sign a ďStatement of Faith,Ē available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook).
* Must hold a valid California Education Specialist credential (credential from out of state must be eligible to be transferable to California)
* PhD or EdD in education or a related field. A practitioner with 15+ years related K-12 experience, but without a doctorate can be considered.
* Successful experience in use of online technologies for student assessment and teaching, with preference for prior experience in online or hybrid environments.
* Experience with assistive technology tools and instructional strategies
* Demonstrated commitment to professional and scholarly activity (e.g., grant writing, scholarly publications, and conference presentations).
* Established record of success in serving linguistically and ethnically diverse populations.
* Demonstration of collegial teamwork.
* Willingness to travel to regional center campuses.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship. Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encou raged to apply. Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the complet description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description