Business Development Manager- Ferguson
Delta Faucet Company has an outstanding opportunity for a talented sales professional to join our Indianapolis corporate sales team. The primary purpose of the Business Development Manager role will be to drive showroom business growth at the local market showroom, Main Branch, District and National levels with Ferguson.
* Relationship Development: Identify and develop business relationships with key Ferguson HQ, District, Showroom management and associates, and outside sales associates through contact, engagement and best in class follow-through.
* Communication: Champion showroom efforts at Ferguson within the DFC sales organization (both internal sales team and rep agency team).
* Business Development Planning/Strategy: Combine thorough knowledge of Ferguson direction and initiatives with DFC strategies to develop an annual plan by district with our Rep Agencies and Regional Sales Managers to drive showroom business with their end user customers
* Sales Development: Analyze performance of Delta Focus and Brizo products at the national, district, and showroom level. Identify opportunities, issues and concerns by location and utilize DFC toolkit to provide additional support as need to maximize district sales success.
* Merchandising: Act as key liaison in execution of all DFC Merchandising systems, including both DFC and FEI Universal display systems. Develop fact-based tracking system to insure we maximize impact of DFC display spend and support additional merchandising activities to grow sales
* Budget Maintenance & Spending: Utilize, monitor, and control spending budgets aligned with DFC and Ferguson strategic goals and initiatives. Budget, plan, and implement co-sponsored events at Ferguson district, main branch, and local levels.
* Training: Gain a thorough knowledge of DFC brands, products and programs to be able to tell DFC’s story to any showroom associate or their customer base. Assist in development and be responsible for execution of training programs on new products including exclusives, new product launches and Delta/Brizo marketing plans. Serve key role as advisor to DFC Channel Marketing on development of training programs for our Representative Agency community, Ferguson Corporate training and Ferguson Showroom Associates.
* Continuous Improvement: Systematically evaluate systems, processes, product line mix, programs and policies and recommend improvements to drive showroom sales/margin and/or reduce complexity and cost.
Qualifications & Requirements Education and Experience/Skills:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, management, or related area and 5+ years of selling/marketing experience in a related industry preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong home improvement industry experience and knowledge of Ferguson culture, structure, systems, and processes of two-step distribution is desirable. Candidate must have demonstrated the ability to lead through influence and have a positive attitude toward taking on challenges. Experience working with a manufacturer representative model preferred. Strong leadership, verbal and non-verbal communication and presentation skills as well as being a critical thinker with strong financial and analytical ability is required. The individual must feel comfortable in working in a cross-functional, matrixed environment and be able to interact and relate to all levels of the organization, both at Delta Faucet Company and Ferguson. This person must possess a process improvement mindset to find solutions workable for both organizations. Must be willing to travel approximately 50% of the time as needed.