Job Title: Student Account Technology Specialist (Part-time) - One Stop
Azusa, CA United States
Student Account Technology Specialist (Part-time) - One Stop
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The UG Student Account Technology Specialist is responsible for developing strategies to utilize technology and other creative resources to improve student experience and improve overall service quality; and will establish and maintain a strategic plan for implementing financial literacy and financial aid systems to educate and inform students and their families. The UG Student Account Technology Specialist will also assist in the role of Student Account Specialist as able.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Three - five years in a related field. Financial aid, student accounts or registrar experience in a university setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
UG Student Account Technology Specialist
* Evaluates all procedures and processes and provides recommendations for using technology and other creative resources to improve quality of One Stop customer service outcomes and institutional efficiencies, and overall accuracy.
* Establish and maintain a strategic plan for implementing financial literacy and financial aid systems to educate and inform students and their families.
* Develops daily operational guidelines, procedures and timeline for student accounts and implements ideas, solutions and improvements.
* Monitors the accuracy, customer service and effectiveness of all policies and procedures.
* Responsible for achieving high service standards as defined by Enrollment Management Services established C.A.R.E customer service philosophy. (Choose joy. Actively Listen, Resolve the issue, Exceed Expectations)
* Offers tactical support to coordinate and execute Student Account communication content and recipients lists for the Assistant Director
Student Account Specialist Duties (assists as able)
* Counsels students and parents and delivers excellent customer service from the point of acceptance into the University concerning any financial aid or loan questions. Tracks all communications in the system.
* Assists students in processing registration, withdrawal, check requests, financial aid applications, employment possibilities and consequences of non-payment to their student account.
* Manages the CASHNet online operation for assigned students, which consists of counseling parents and students for usage, follow-up on rejected items and manual payments for exceptions.
* Mediates follow-up between students and financial aid/loan officers so that these encounters bring forth win-win outcomes.
* Maintains, corrects, and collects current student accounts as assigned.
* Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates student workers that support the Student Accounts team.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
* Proficient in MailChimp, Google Apps., HTML, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.