Jen Fad (5025)
Siebra Muhammad (3868)
Elynor Moss (3491)
Reginald Culpepper (2559)
Yaiqab Saint (2117)
HBCU Connect Sports (2074)
Harry Watley (1389)
Lila Robinson (1218)
farrakhan speaks on the killing of micheal brown (180 hits)
Posted Wednesday, August 20th 2014 at 10:58AM (more)
by: Siebra Muhammad | post comment
january is national cervical cancer awareness month: know the risk factors and symptoms (473 hits)
SIOUX FALLS, SD - It's the third most common type of cancer in women worldwide, but cervical cancer doesn't get as much attention as many other cancers. 44-year-old Angie Millard has been cancer-free for nine years. The Chancellor, South Dakot ...
Posted Sunday, January 5th 2014 at 4:52PM (more)
nick cannon addresses "knockout" game and opens up about past life as a gang member (459 hits)
Nick Cannon addressed the “Knockout Game” and gang violence in a series of tweets on Friday. On the same day that Rose McGowan witnessed a random act of violence in Los Angeles, Cannon spoke from the heart about his own concerns on Twitter. “We ...
Posted Saturday, January 4th 2014 at 5:33PM (more)
karrine steffans to produce "vixen" reality show for fox (579 hits)
(AllHipHop News) Karrine Steffans is best known as the former video model tagged as “Superhead” and the author of the Hip Hop tell-all book Confessions of a Video Vixen. Now the 35-year-old businesswomen is looking to cross over into television w ...
Posted Tuesday, December 31st 2013 at 7:11PM (more)
trayvon martin church nativity scene sparks controversy (507 hits)
MSNBC.com--A church nativity scene featuring a bleeding Trayvon Martin is stirring up controversy in southern California. The outdoor display at the Claremont United Methodist Church spotlights a black-hooded dummy—in place of where baby Jesus wou ...
Posted Monday, December 30th 2013 at 4:56PM (more)
no scrubs: top 5 ways to know if your new man has a future (452 hits)
No Scrubs: How to Know if Your New Man Has a Future. December 28, 2013 by Dr. Boyce Watkins (ThyBlackMan.com) I speak to my daughters regularly about how to choose a good man. Of course, their preferences often differ from my own, and I accept ...
Posted Sunday, December 29th 2013 at 7:40PM (more)
countdown to the year 2014: will we see more trayvon-styled deaths, more racial profiling, more injustice? (516 hits)
CHICAGO (FinalCall.com) - The year 2013 saw George Zimmerman tried for the killing of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin and the case kept the country riveted. However, when Mr. Zimmerman was found not guilty, a wave of grief and anger swept over Black Amer ...
Posted Saturday, December 28th 2013 at 6:10PM (more)
president obama and first lady obama sends kwanzaa wishes (483 hits)
Posted Friday, December 27th 2013 at 9:37PM (more)
sad! two grown adults have to live the rest of their lives not knowing their real parents because of their mom (321 hits)
Posted Thursday, December 26th 2013 at 4:41PM (more)
the top 10 reasons why i don't celebrate christmas (557 hits)
The Top 10 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas Christmas is a hugely popular holiday celebrated by some 2 billion people worldwide. It's become such an ingrained part of modern culture that even people in nations with little or no Christian hi ...
Posted Sunday, December 22nd 2013 at 5:04PM (more)
fighting for the rights of detroiters!!! the city of detroit is not as bankrupt as we think!!! (722 hits)
Fighting for the rights of Detroiters Brother or sister: We've all heard bits and pieces about what's going on in Detroit from the mainstream media. Every major news outlet has been buzzing over the past 2 weeks about the bankruptcy filing in Det ...
Posted Tuesday, August 27th 2013 at 11:47AM (more)
2013 and still "marching on washington" and singing "we shall overcome??? the time for marching is up!!! (1160 hits)
Peace, The March on Washington to promote Civil Rights and economic equality remains one of the most famous events in American history. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. offered a transcendent vision of racial harmony for our future with his "I Have a D ...
Posted Tuesday, August 27th 2013 at 10:42AM (more)
video: maxwell live at essence fest 7/5/2013 (duet with alicia keys) (922 hits)
Posted Saturday, July 6th 2013 at 2:54PM (more)
video: brandy at essence fest live 7/5/2013 (899 hits)
Posted Saturday, July 6th 2013 at 2:45PM (more)
women are cheating 70% as much as men...what could be driving the rise of female cheating? (674 hits)
According to recent data from the National Opinion Research Center's General Social Survey, American wives were nearly 40 percent more likely to be cheating on their spouses in 2010 than in 1990. The number of husbands reporting infidelity, meanw ...
Posted Saturday, July 6th 2013 at 2:40PM (more)
food for thought: are homophobic people really closet homosexuals? (1435 hits)
I was watching a movie called "American Beauty" the other day and there is a scene in the movie where Ricky's father killed Lester (played by actor Kevin Spacey). Ricky's father had been a closet homosexual for so long and was trying to hide it by be ...
Posted Friday, May 31st 2013 at 11:13AM (more)
"the ethnic cleansing of hbcus" ~by dr. jahi issa, ph.d. (a must read) (1613 hits)
The Ethnic Cleansing of Historically Black Colleges and Universities by Jahi Issa, Ph.D. January 1, 2013 Despite the long and loud verbal commitment of the Black Misleadership class to HBCUs, the deference and dependence of black leadership t ...
Posted Friday, January 4th 2013 at 11:39AM (more)
students do you love twitter? win a $5,000 scholarship through the "free to tweet" competition!!! (1044 hits)
WASHINGTON — High school and college students nationwide can win one of five $5,000 scholarships through the “Free to Tweet” competition being billed as a 15-day online celebration of First Amendment rights. #Beginning at midnight Dec. 1, student ...
Posted Wednesday, November 28th 2012 at 11:22AM (more)
farrakhan speaks live! get your event tickets now! (1556 hits)
The Holy Day of Atonement 2012 17th Anniversary of the Million Man March Please join The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan on October 14, 2012 at Bojangles Coliseum, Charlotte, NC to celebrate the Holy Day of Atonement 17th Anniversary of the M ...
Posted Wednesday, September 26th 2012 at 11:25AM (more)
elise wims from hell's kitchen talks future plans, a cookbook & more (1914 hits)
by Hostal Malure I had the pleasure of interviewing the lovely Elise Wims before leaving a previous publication I worked for. Elise is a former contestant on FOX's Reality TV series Hell's Kitchen (Season 9) who was nicknamed the "Diva Chef Fro ...
Posted Thursday, September 13th 2012 at 12:14PM (more)
back to school or back to hell? why america's education system continues failing black students (1323 hits)
(FinalCall.com) - Faulty equipment, fights in the hallways, overcrowded classrooms, failing grades, security guards, scarce resources and high suspension rates. This is not the description of a school in some Third World war torn country. It is the ...
Posted Tuesday, September 11th 2012 at 12:41PM (more)
recommended reading: darkest america ~ black minstrelsy from slavery to hip hop (1230 hits)
From Los Angeles Times August 21, 2012 Are hip-hop artists such as Flavor Flav and Lil Wayne the new generation of black minstrels -- the African American jesters who used to entertain audiences with cartoonish, racially stereotypical shtick befo ...
Posted Sunday, August 26th 2012 at 4:13PM (more)
this is how you respond to ignorance: young girl writes a powerful poem about gabby douglass (1069 hits)
Posted Sunday, August 19th 2012 at 4:52PM (more)
new black panther party leader king samir shabazz suggests killing white babies and bombing nurseries (2261 hits)
Examiner.com--In a video posted at Breitbart.com on Tuesday, a New Black Panther Leader identified by The Blaze as possibly being King Samir Shabazz, said that blacks will have to kill white babies “seconds” after they’re born, while suggesting bombi ...
Posted Thursday, August 16th 2012 at 12:19PM (more)
video: dr. julia hare speaking on the black woman facing the 21st century (1033 hits)
Posted Tuesday, August 14th 2012 at 2:13PM (more)
Sort By: | Next>
  Post New Content  
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!