Scholarship Tips
Videos
Web Site Help
Work
Most Active Authors
Elynor Moss (284)
Reginald Culpepper (7)
Will Moss (5)
Your body is as important as your mind (464 hits)
Paul T. Corrigan finished his PhD in English at the University of South Florida after six years in the program. He now teaches writing and literature at Southeastern University (USA). You can look him up at paultcorrigan.com. At twenty-three, I stood in front of a mirror. After working out strenu ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 3:35PM
(more)
by: Elynor Moss | post comment
Mike Rowe on Efficiency versus Effectiveness (393 hits)
Insights from Dirty Jobs Earlier this week, I listened to Brett McKay’s interview with Mike Rowe. As you’ll learn if you listen to the conversation, following his stint as the host of Dirty Jobs, Rowe has become an advocate for the trades. In this interview, as in many others, Rowe argues that ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 3:29PM
(more)
How to Improve Your Reading Comprehension (2390 hits)
If youd like to improve your reading comprehension, try the SQ3R method. This is an acronym that means: Survey, Question, Read, Recite and Review. Heres how it works: Survey Your Text Prior to reading, take a few moments to scan through your text. Get an overall feeling for how much youre g ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 3:22PM
(more)
People Judge Your Intelligence Based on the Tone of Your Voice and How Fast You Speak (1720 hits)
Do you want people to think you are intelligent? Has someone ever told you “You’re much smarter than you look.”? No doubt it can sting to be perceived as less intelligent, particularly when you never had a chance to showcase your intellect in the first place! And while this might be a socia ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 2:56PM
(more)
Develop Resiliency: How to Move Towards Your Fears (262 hits)
One of the things we tend to do habitually is move away from things we’re afraid of. How very human, how very loving, to protect ourselves! Unfortunately that tendency to avoid fears is exactly what limits us. We avoid our fear of pain, humiliation, anxiety, looking stupid, failing … and we de ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 2:40PM
(more)
Why Students Need to Learn Web App Development (430 hits)
BY DAVID GUTIERREZ It might look that the topic is too narrow for the readers of this blog, but it concerns all of us. Shortly, such skill as programming will be equal to the reading skill and also considered as ‘basic,’ ‘required’ in our CVs. The importance of coding and other IT-related discipl ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 2:34PM
(more)
You Can’t Avoid Finishing Your Thesis If You Follow These Steps (191 hits)
by Dora Farkas, PhD on June 3, 2017 Finishing Your Thesis When You Believe You Can’t “How do I force myself to write, when I can’t stand looking at my thesis anymore?” “I feel so guilty dragging my whole family down with this thesis writing, and I don’t even know when I’ll be done.” “No ...
Posted Monday, June 12th 2017 at 2:30PM
(more)
What to Do If You Change Your Mind About Grad School (548 hits)
By Jamie Kravitz After four long years of undergrad, taking on a graduate degree isn’t for everyone. If you were planning to attend grad school and ended up changing your mind, or if you’ve already started grad school and decided you don’t want to continue, you’re not alone! Changing your mind a ...
Posted Monday, May 15th 2017 at 3:26PM
(more)
Opinion: 5 tips to help finance your graduate education (168 hits)
By Stephanie Alt Lamm Applying for funding can be as involved and complex a process as applying for graduate school. Photo by: Steve Buissinne For the last 17 years managing a master’s program in international development, I have seen bright ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:37PM
(more)
Tips for Finding the Perfect (Grad School) Match (395 hits)
By Verelyn Gibbs Watson Graduation season is once again upon us. As students all across the country complete their senior year in high school and head off to college, thousands of college students are turning their thoughts to their own post-graduate plans. For many, an advanc ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:28PM
(more)
15 Tips for Improving Your Writing in Graduate School (349 hits)
by meredithwright in Early Career Research Community A few weeks ago I submitted an application for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award, commonly known as the ‘F31.’ While the experience is fresh in my mind, I fig ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:25PM
(more)
Top 5 Tips for Graduate School Success (339 hits)
by Jazmin Nicole RNC-OB, BSN, USAF So, you are thinking about completing your Master’s degree. You may be just graduating with your bachelor’s, established in your career, seeking career advancement, or an overall career change. You should commend yourself wherever you currently are in your pr ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:23PM
(more)
10 Tips for Thriving, Not Just Surviving, in Graduate School (255 hits)
Just about everyone is trying to cope with new circumstances and environments, writes Victoria Reyes, who provides some helpful advice. By Victoria Reyes Photo: iStock/Intellistudies Often, academic advice columns are framed negatively -- ways to overcome barriers and deal with the high-st ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:20PM
(more)
The Gentle Guide for Applying to Graduate Schools (193 hits)
By David Shorter I’m wrapping up my eighth and final year as chair of graduate admissions in my department. Along the way I’ve learned a few lessons that seem worth sharing with the many readers who advise students applying to graduate school in the humanities or social sciences. Perhaps t ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 1:17PM
(more)
Engineering Students Now Able to Earn Masters Degrees in 1 Year at N.C. A&T (222 hits)
As the global technology sector expands, more highly-skilled professionals are in demand. The College of Engineering (COE) at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is helping graduates and companies meet that demand by offering an intensive, one-year Master of Science degree for ...
Posted Tuesday, May 9th 2017 at 11:00AM
(more)
GradImpact: Developing Bioengineering Strategies to Combat Autoimmune Diseases (350 hits)
Lisa Tostanoski, a PhD candidate in bioengineering at the University of Maryland, College Park, was awarded a prestigious Lemelson-MIT Student Prize for her efforts to develop new strategies to combat autoimmune diseases, including multiple sclerosis (MS). As one of nine recipients across the countr ...
Posted Friday, May 5th 2017 at 10:53AM
(more)
Seven spiritual lessons I’ve learned from doing a PhD (402 hits)
This post is by Shifa Desai, a part-time PhD student at the University of Exeter in the UK. Shifa is doing research on self-initiated expatriate academics who have spent most of their careers working in different countries. She is also an ESL teacher, teetering on the edge of burn-out between full-t ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 10:31AM
(more)
The Life-Changing Magic of the Inbox Sort Folder (132 hits)
Back to Basics It’s been a while since I’ve geeked out here on Study Hacks about the latest productivity hack to earn my enthusiasm. So it’s with some excitement that I bring up my latest favorite tip: the inbox sort folder. It’s not uncommon f ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:53AM
(more)
The One Thing That Is More Important Than Social Needs: Self Actualization (400 hits)
Eloise Best Content Writer Close your eyes, and imagine the best possible version of yourself. Are you similar to your current self, with a few minor improvements? Or are you a whole different person? If you feel like you’ve got a long way to go, don’t worry. Self actualization, or the reac ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:50AM
(more)
Weekend Reading – Doing it Wrong Edition (321 hits)
by Lee Skallerup Bessette It’s that time of the (academic) year for many of us: we are neck-deep in grading, in stressed-out student, in wondering if we’ll even have a job in the fall and how are going to make ends meet over the summer. Typically, this would be the time to share self-care pieces ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:43AM
(more)
Top U.S. Research Universities, 2017 (148 hits)
I've produced these lists before, using the reputational data from U.S. News surveys. This year, they did new surveys of humanities and social science fields (as well as the professional fields). In the past, I gave more weight to breadth of strength; this time I've used a weighting system tha ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:39AM
(more)
Call for Summer Bloggers (76 hits)
Caroline Winter As the academic year is winding down, we’re seeking bloggers for the summer months: June through August. This blog is a space for graduate scholars of Romanticism to share their work, their ideas, and their inklings in an intera ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:35AM
(more)
Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News Chooses BenchFly (128 hits)
by Alan Marnett. We’re very excited to announce our new partnership with Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN) to help bring two new video-based services to scientists. For more information, see the original release below. To learn mo ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:28AM
(more)
What is a Manifold? (6/6) (148 hits)
by Behnam Esmayli In posts 1-3 we were able to reduce all of the geometry of a curve in 3-space to an interval [a,b]\subset \mathbb{R} along with two or three real-valued functions. We also discussed when two sets of such data give equivalent (overlapping) curves. This enabled us to patch tog ...
Posted Friday, April 28th 2017 at 9:25AM
(more)
Sort By: | Next>
  Post New Content  
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!