Home > Famous HBCU Alumni > Post Content

David E. Talbert (3207 hits)

David E. Talbert is a successful American playwright.[1] Born in Washington, D.C., Talbert is a graduate of Morgan State University and attended the New York University film's program.

Mr. Talbert has broken box office records with his urban inspirational plays. David E . Talbert's plays has grossed over $75 million dollars, and he is one of the most respected writers in the entertainment industry. David E. Talbert has produced many urban plays over the years, and one of his most famous plays, The Fabric Of A Man toured over 30 cities and is dubbed to be one of the best inspirational plays ever written. David E. Talbert's plays have changed many critical things of the urban theatre experience. Many people regard the urban theater experience, as being circus clown acts and chitlin circuit type acting. But, David E. Talbert's plays have a deep inspirational messages, that has changed so many lives. What makes David E. Talbert stand out are his positive messages, that he delivers to millions of people. So, far, nearly 2.5 million people have seen one of David E. Talbert's plays. He has won numerous NAACP awards for his work in The Fabric Of A Man, and a New York Liteary Award for his hit recent musical, Love In The NICk Of Tyme. David E. Talbert has also produced a television reality show, Black Stage, in which actors and singers compete to win a chance in becoming apart of David E. Talbert's plays.
Posted By: Patrick Dailey
Thursday, January 31st 2008 at 9:36AM
You can also click here to view all posts by this author...

Report obscenity | post comment
Share |
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

How come I have never heard about you? Tell you story over the mountains and the vales... Millions of young black men are lost.. your story will help some to find their way home
Friday, February 22nd 2008 at 1:31PM
Hi i met you like two years ago, my cousin was in one of your plays. I just came through to show you some major love óż!!! God Bless
Wednesday, May 21st 2008 at 9:22PM
Hey this is Tyrell from Philly just seen Love on layaway for the first time I really enjoyed it. when yours next play touring near PA? Are you lookong for new cast also?
Friday, May 23rd 2008 at 12:49AM
How do I get your plays on DVD
Saturday, May 24th 2008 at 6:21PM
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

More From This Author
Shana Powell,
Cortez Mitchell
Kenneth Alston Jr.
General William E. "Kip" Ward
Maysa Leak
Shabach Praise
Fresh
My favorite book....the Bible!!
Forward This HBCU Alumni Entry!
Famous HBCU Alumni Home
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!