Home > Famous HBCU Alumni > Post Content

Kerry D. Chandler (5657 hits)

Kerry D. Chandler, a San Diego, CA native, is the Executive Vice President of Human Resources at the National Basketball Association responsible for leading the league’s global human resources strategy, including recruiting, employee relations, compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), learning and development, and the organization’s human resources generalist function.

Previously, Chandler was Senior Vice President of Corporate Responsibility for The Walt Disney Company where Chandler was responsible for developing overall strategy and direction for the company’s corporate responsibility efforts; identifying, developing, and implementing all aspects of Disney’s overall global corporate responsibility; and ensuring that the company’s core principles in that area were integrated into the daily operating practices of all Disney businesses. In addition, she spearheaded all of Disney’s philanthropic and charitable-giving efforts and environmental policies, and expanded the Company’s social responsibility best practices.

Chandler was also Senior Vice President, Human Resources at Hong Kong Disneyland, where she was responsible for the overall human resources strategy, and overseeing all human resources services, compensation and benefits, human resources systems, staffing, and learning and development.

For five years, Chandler was Senior Vice President, Human Resources for ESPN, Inc. During her tenure, she was instrumental in implementing and enhancing major human resources initiatives for the company’s global workforce.

Chandler also served as Director, Human Resources Strategy at IBM Global Services; held a variety of human resources executive positions at Motorola, Inc; served as a human resources analyst for Exxon Chemical Company; and was an employee-relations and college-relations representative for McDonnell Douglas Corporation.

Chandler was on the boards of the University of Exeter Center for Leadership Studies in the United Kingdom, the National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications, InMotion, the Cable and Telecommunications Human Resources Association, the Human Resources Policy Institute, the Senior Human Resources Forum of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, and the Asia Pacific Human Resources Council of The Conference Board. In 2005, Chandler was named one of the “25 Influential Black Women in Business” by The Network Journal magazine.

Chandler graduated from Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Mo. with a bachelor’s degree in public administration. She later earned her master’s degree in human resources management from Washington University in St. Louis, as well as a master’s degree in management from McGill University in Montreal. Chandler was also a participant in the International Masters in Practicing Management (IMPM) Program, where she earned a certificate from INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France.

Chandler currently resides in Manhattan
Posted By: Ryan Rogers
Tuesday, May 3rd 2011 at 1:03AM
You can also click here to view all posts by this author...

Report obscenity | post comment
Share |
Please Login To Post Comments...
Email:
Password:

Please contact me back ok
i got your profiles
My name is blessing;i saw your profile and it was interesting so i would like to know more about you.It will be a pleasure to read from you,if you wouldn't mind,you can email me in private at( blessingakimeh40@yahoo.co.uk )so that i can reply you quickly and also send my picture for you to know me.I want you to know that real love matters.I will be expecting your mail soon,kiss.
Your lovely new friend,
from blessing.

blessingakimeh40atyahoo.co.uk
Monday, December 5th 2011 at 12:33PM
blessing444 akimeh
More From This Author
Abraham Bolden
Random Photo Upload On Wed Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:29PM
"Lincoln University (MO) - A Musical Journey"
Carey Means
John McDaniel
Jim Tolbert
Zeke Moore
Lemar Parrish
Forward This HBCU Alumni Entry!
Famous HBCU Alumni Home
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!